Year 7 Catch-Up Premium
Year 7 catch-up premium is additional to the main school funding and is targeted for each student in Year 7 who did not achieve the expected level in reading and/or Mathematics at Key Stage 2.
Year 7 Catch-Up Premium – 2016-17 Outcomes
For the financial year 2016/17 the school received £13,000 (matched to 2015-16 funding) in catch-up premium funding. This is designed to support students who have not reached the expected level in English and/or Maths at Key Stage 2. The impact of our interventions has been generally successful and will be adapted to increase progress for 2017/18.
- 22 students received intervention and additional support.
- 89% of students made positive progress as demonstrated by improvements in reading scores.
- 10 pupils made more than expected progress and exceeded their targets.
- 2 small groups of 9 pupils to target support where most needed.
- 28 who came with a score below 100 achieved in excess of their target grade by the end of the year.
Plans for 2017-18
For the current academic year (anticipated funding of £13,000), alongside the interventions of last year, we will also:
- Increase the focus on Year 7 class support and tuition.
- Smaller classes in year 7 Maths to support those most I need.
- Withdrawal of target pupils from MFL for additional literacy support.
- Liaise with subject teams to develop common approaches to literacy and numeracy across the curriculum.
- Delivery of additional literacy and numeracy through form time.