Your child/children have been asked to undertake 30 minutes of personal reading each day. Reading develops vocabulary and writing. It helps students to build social skills and aids them in understanding and processing complex ideas. Reading also expands their ability to build knowledge overall – not just in subjects like English, but in all subjects.
Please find below a list of recommended books. Some of them can be downloaded for free directly from here.
- Georges Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Little Women
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Recommended KS3 reads:
Free Audible audiobooks from Amazon: https://stories.
David Walliams free audiobooks: https://www.
Author and illustrator events:
If your child/children wish to undertake an additional challenge then they are welcome to attempt some of the activities outlined in the following documents.